Holiday Let terms and conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before completing your booking. When you make a booking and pay the deposit, a legally binding contract is made and you will receive a booking confirmation. Please do ensure that you take out adequate travel and cancellation insurance in accordance with our cancellation policy.
Any booking made by you shall constitute your acceptance of the offer to hire Wild Acres Studio subject to these Conditions. All bookings through us and all matters arising from them are subject to English law and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
The person who makes the booking accepts these conditions on behalf of all members of the party and is responsible for all payment due from the party. We will only accept bookings from persons who are at least 18 years old. Wild Acres Studio is hired by you on the basis that the property is to be occupied for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the Occupier acknowledges that these Conditions shall not confer on the Occupier any security of tenure within the terms of that Act.
By completing a booking and submitting a deposit you warrant and confirm to us that you have read these Conditions and agree to comply with them.
1. Deposit & Payment A 30% deposit payment is required at the time of booking. If the booking is made within 8 weeks of the date of arrival then full payment is required immediately. A booking contract together with directions and arrival instructions will be sent by email or if requested, by post. The balance must be paid 8 weeks prior to the start date of the booking. If this is not paid within 7 days of it being due, then we reserve the right to cancel the booking without any refund. Provisional bookings may be taken upon application and will only be held for up to 48 hours pending receipt of a cleared deposit or full payment as may be required. Bookings will not be guaranteed until we have received your full payment as required and have sent you our formal booking contract.
2. Cancellations You or any member of your party may cancel your booking at any time. Should you wish to cancel a booking, please let us know in writing as soon as possible. Provided the cancellation is received at least 8 weeks before the starting date of the holiday, only the deposit will be forfeited. If notice is not received within 8 weeks of the starting date of the holiday you will be liable to pay the total charge, unless the accommodation is re-let, in which case only the deposit will be forfeited. Your cancellation may be covered by insurance that you may have taken out. We strongly recommend that travel insurance is obtained.
3. Behaviour It is your responsibility to ensure that you and the members of your party do not behave in a way which causes offence or danger to others or which risks damage to property belonging to others. If this was to occur we have the right to terminate your stay and our responsibility to you ceases immediately and there can be no refunds, no payment of compensation and no reimbursement of any cost or expenses you may incur as a result. Further, you will be liable to reimburse us for any expenses that we may incur as a result of your behaviour.
4. Breakages & Cleanliness Wild Acres Studio is made available for letting on the understanding that the property will be left in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found, at the point of departure and all personal waste must be removed and placed in the wheelie bin outside tied securely in appropriate bags. It is generally our policy to take a security deposit of £50. Whether a security deposit is taken or not, the customer will be held responsible for any damage or breakages to the property, caused by the customer and in the event of such occurrence, the incident must be reported immediately and appropriate compensation made (and any items shall be replaced at equal value). Any losses or monies owed will be taken from a security deposit. If no security deposit is taken (or the security deposit amount is insufficient), we shall be entitled to make an additional charge to the Occupier. An additional charge may also be made if extra cleaning is made necessary as a result of the property being left in a dirty condition upon the Occupier’s departure. Customers are not permitted to move any furniture or equipment without prior consent. In the event of such permission being granted, it is the customer’s responsibility to return the same to its original position before departure. Under no circumstances must any furniture or equipment for use inside the property, be moved outside. Where a security deposit is taken, this will normally be a post dated cheque or an amount which is then refunded once we have made a full inspection of the property and within 7 days of departure. Where any damage or breakage has occurred and been left unreported, this will be informed to the customer and the security deposit or part of the security deposit will be used as payment or part payment of any appropriate compensation made.
5. Third Parties We do not accept any responsibility or liability for acts or omissions of third parties, which may prevent or disrupt an Occupier’s booking. In particular, any building work which may commence in the local area is outside of our control, and we cannot be held responsible for any resulting disturbance. However, should we become aware of any building work, which would be a vey rare occurrence, which may reasonably be considered to aversely affect the enjoyment of your holiday we will notify you as soon as possible. Whilst we assure you of our best endeavours to minimise any inconvenience we regret that we cannot accept any liability in this case.
6. Property Check-in / Check-out times Access to Wild Acres Studio will be after 4pm on your day of arrival and the property must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure (unless otherwise agreed). Late check outs will attract a further charge. On departure, the property is to be locked and the keys returned to the key safe as per arrival.
7. Complaints In the unlikely event of a problem with your property occurring, you must inform us as soon as possible so that the matter can be put right.
8. Children We welcome families and young children and we can provide a highchair, travel cot and a toddler pushchair on request free of charge. These items are regularly checked and inspected however we cannot be held liable for their safety whilst using them. We also request that these items be thoroughly cleaned before departure. All the beds have mattress protectors but all necessary precautions should be made to prevent accidents occurring. And please, no jumping on the furniture! There are no other additional child safety features currently installed.
9. Pets Pets are to be kept under control and exercised off the premises. Pets are not permitted on the beds or on the furniture unless throws or blankets are used and we can accept no responsibility for their safety. Pets must not be left in the property unsupervised as this can result in considerable damage to the property and distress to the pet. A weekly charge will be made for up to 2 pets of £25. If the stated number of pets is exceeded, we are entitled to refuse entry and this will be treated as a cancellation by the Occupier. The Occupier will be responsible for any and all damage caused by their pet. Dog owners must ensure that their pets are free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the property. Failure to do so will incur subsequent charges.
10. Rights of Access The Occupier must allow us access to the property at reasonable hours during the day, to inspect the condition of the property and to carry out repairs or other works that may be necessary.
11. Smoking There is no smoking inside the property.
12. Force Majeure We shall not be liable or accountable for any unforeseen circumstances such as severe weather conditions, local or national strikes, fire, floods, acts of government or of any other authorities.